1. We will arrange, on an appointment basis, a date and time to visit the client. These appointments can be on a one-off basis or ongoing on a daily or weekly basis as necessary . If the client is not available, and prior notice has not been given to cancel the appointment then the fee for that appointment remains payable. Appointments should be cancelled with as much notice given as possible. If the client is unwell then the appointment may be cancelled the same day, as early in the day as possible, by a telephone call to the mobile number listed on our contacts page.
2 If it is necessary for us to have a key to the client`s property then this will be kept safely by Gloucester Befriending Services until a request is made for its return to the client.
3. Charges are as follows:- Befriending and other services £12.00 per hour. A mileage charge may be payable to enable a visit. This will be confirmed at the initial meeting. Any journey undertaken on behalf of the client or accompanying the client will be charged at the rate of £0.40 per mile. 4. Invoices will be raised at the end of each calendar month and will detail the services used during that month. The invoices will either be printed and sent to the client or family, or sent electronically to an agreed email address. Invoices are due and payable by cheque, cash, or electronic bank transfer within 7 days of the date on the invoice.
5. Complaints should be brought to the attention of the proprietress Rebecca Stanley as soon as possible. The complaint will be respectfully considered and acted upon. The client`s welfare and happiness is our main concern.
6. A damage waiver form will need to be signed by the engaging party prior to commencement of any service.
7. If your befriender is not available on a particular day for whatever reason, a replacement will not be sent.
8. If the client goes to a café or public house with a befriender as part of a visit, then the client should pay for any beverages consumed. If the befriender pays due to a client`s cognitive decline then the amount will be included on that month`s invoice and reimbursed to the befriender.
Business address of GBS.
Listed with Gloucestershire County Council
Employer`s and Public Liability Insurance arranged through Salvation Army General Insurance Corporation Limited.